Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Woke up today to snow and temperature in the 20s.  By 11:00 most of the snow has melted and the sky is a bright, clear blue.  My spirits have soared with the clearing sky.

I've been crocheting granny squares like crazy, using up bits of old yard.  The twins are arranging the squares into an interesting color pattern.  While working on the border, I noticed that I had used two different crochet hooks, supposedly the same size. Supposedly but not actually the same size.  Consequently, there are two different sizes of granny squares.  As I dream of making beautiful yarn creations, my granny squares don't even match up.  The twins don't care; they think it's beautiful.  Both of them have been busy making their own creations.  They aren't afraid of mistakes.  Indeed they turn their mistakes into their own unique styles.  Why can't I be like my children.

I picked up The Wisdom of Menopause by Christiane Northrup.  All because of the title.  'Wisdom'.  If there's any wisdom in this foggy brain, I want to find it.  First time I flipped through the book it fell open to the page on belly fat!  So appropriate.

On religious thought, I finished a book by Marcus Borg.  Can't recall the title right now, but it seemed a rehash of some of his other books I've read.  Along with that, I read Jesus Through Pagan Eyes by Mark Townsend.  I appreciated it.

For current reads I have Paul and Jesus by James Tabor (so far worthwhile) and I Don't Believe in Atheists by Chris Hedges (no opinion yet).  I'm finishing up the Wicked Years with Out of Oz.  If I leave too many years between books, I'm apt to forget what happened in the story.  Then I have to go back and re-read.  No wonder it takes me so long to read anymore.

And....

I'm so sick of scandal, popes retiring, cardinals resigning, the vatican imploding, conservative know-it-alls and liberal know-it-alls.  let's throw them all out along with the representatives in washington and start over.  with a new plan.  would it be any better?  could it be any worse?  i need earplugs and blinders.

No comments: